Dental implants could be a great way to restore your self-confidence and your smile. Getting dental implants in Lower Manhattan is easier than you think. Here is some important information that you should know.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small, metal structures that serve as an alternative for missing teeth. They are screw-shaped, titanium implants that are surgically inserted into the jawbone where they act as anchors to support natural-looking artificial crowns. A dental implants procedure usually involves an endosteal implant, which is placed directly into the healthy jawbone.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Implants?
The dental implants procedure is a great option for people with missing teeth who have enough healthy jawbone to support the implants. If you’re interested in dental implants, schedule a consultation by one of our experienced dentists to determine your eligibility as a dental implant candidate. We will explore your financial options such as dental implants insurance and alternatives to reduce your dental implants cost.
Dental Implant 5 Step Procedure
- First the surgical site and jawbone are prepared.
- Then the metal implant is surgically inserted into your jawbone. It is covered with gum tissue and left to heal and integrate with the bone. Healing and bonding take a few months.
- After the site has healed, the site is reopened and a small connecting post called an abutment is attached to the implant.
- In the last step, a crown that matches your natural teeth color is placed onto the abutment.
- When everything is placed, your dental implants are ready to function as your natural teeth.
Care for Dental Implants
When you do get your dental implants done, it is extremely important that you take good care of them after your surgery. And it’s very easy to!
Here are some tips for you:
- You may get some mild pain and soreness after the surgery, this nothing to worry about you can use over the counter pain relievers.
- Once the dental implants are nice and healed you should brush, floss and rinse with antibacterial mouthwash as you would for your natural teeth.
- You should plan regular dental cleanings at Tribeca Dental Studio every 6 months.
Benefits of Dental Implants
When dental implants replace your missing natural teeth, the following dental implants benefits are yours for life.
- A stunning, natural-looking smile
- Gain back your confidence
- Easier chewing
- Protection of teeth adjacent to dental implants
How Long Will My Dental Implants Last?
Your dental implants, like your natural teeth, need proper care. How long dental implants last depends on how well you take care of them. If you have good dental hygiene and see your dentist regularly, your dental implants can last a few decades and even for the rest of your life.
Contact our dental studio today to start exploring your dental implant options.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The potential cost of dental implants relies on few factors:
- Materials used to make the post and crown
- The need for bone grafts or other preparations
- The type of implant used.
Dental implants’ cost is also affected by dental implants insurance coverage and personal financing options.
Please Note: The gaps created by 1 or more missing teeth don’t just affect your smile, they also increase your likelihood of developing serious oral health problems like gum disease, bite misalignment, jawbone loss, and tooth decay.
Schedule a consultation with an implant dentist today at Tribeca Dental Studio to determine your personal needs and procedure costs.